Students with New or Updated Accommodations Requests
The provision of accommodations for students with documented disabilities is a shared responsibility between the UIC Disability Resource Center and the Law School’s Office of Student Life & Leadership.
- Schedule an appointment with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) by calling 312.413.2183. Please make sure to identify yourself as a UIC John Marshall student, so they can arrange to hold your intake meeting by phone. (You can also meet on site at the DRC, if you wish.)
- Ask your health care provider complete the DRC’s Disability Verification Form, or provide the same information in a different format. Please note that documentation must contain:
- A current (within the last five years) disability diagnosis from a licensed clinical professional familiar with your history;
- An explanation of how the disability limits the participation in courses, programs, services, or activities at the University; and
- Accommodation recommendations from a physician or medical professional.
- The DRC is responsible for making determinations about reasonable accommodations, though any questions about what accommodations may conflict with the Standards for Law Study will be discussed with UIC John Marshall administrators. Once the DRC has made a decision about your granted accommodations, they will send you a Letter of Accommodation (LOA). This LOA will also be shared with the UIC JOhn Marshall Student Life Coordinator, who will oversee the implementation of accommodations at the law school.
- You will receive communications from the UIC John Marshall Student Life Coordinator periodically throughout the term. Please be sure to respond promptly to any communications, so the Coordinator can properly prepare for your accommodations. Please note that some accommodations may take time to implement and cannot be guaranteed without your timely participation. Faculty will not be notified about students with accommodations unless their cooperation is needed to implement accommodations inside the classroom.
Students with Currently Granted Accommodations
If you already have accommodations in place with UIC John Marshall, you should not need to do anything new. Accommodations will continue to be implemented by the UIC John Marshall Student Life Coordinator. Please be sure to respond promptly to any communications so the Coordinator can properly prepare for your accommodations. Please note that some accommodations may take time to implement and cannot be guaranteed without your timely participation. If you believe you need to make adjustments to your accommodations or want to discuss new accommodations, please follow the steps above to meet with the DRC.