Requesting a Transcript

Official Transcripts

The official transcript is UIC John Marshall Law School’s statement of the student’s complete academic record showing credits and grades earned. Transcripts also contain notations of distinctions, transfer coursework summary, academic status, administrative actions and degrees received. Official transcripts are those that bear the seal of the law school and signature of the Registrar. A statement of the student’s academic record that does not bear the seal or signature is not considered an official transcript.

A transcript will not be issued unless all outstanding obligations are met and fees owed to the law school are paid.

Ordering an Official Transcript

UIC John Marshall has partnered with Credentials, Inc. to accept transcript orders through a secure site. The fee for an official transcript (paper or electronic) is $12 (plus processing fees) per school or destination. Payment is accepted by credit card or mail, and the authorization of release of student records must be received in order to process the order. All transcript requests will take 1-2 working days to process once payment and student authorization is received.

Current Students, Former Students, and Graduates After 1989

Access the following links to place your order for an official transcript:

Order Your Transcript or Transfer Packet

Check the Status of Your Order

Former Students and Graduates Prior to 1989

Paper transcripts are the only option for former students and graduates enrolled prior to 1989. Please do not request an electronic version of your official transcript.

Unofficial Transcripts

An unofficial transcript contains the same content as an official transcript, but does not bear the seal of the law school and signature of the Registrar. It contains a watermark indicating that it is unofficial. Unofficial transcripts will not be released via email.

Current Students

Current students may access and print a free, unofficial transcript in Student Planning (accessed through eCommons).

Former Students

Former students may request a paper version of their unofficial transcript be mailed to a requested address or be made available for pickup in the Registrar’s Office. To place a request, please Order Your Transcript and select your preferred “Unofficial Transcript” option.

We are unable to offer immediate transcript services.