Loan Deferment & Enrollment Verification Info

UIC John Marshall Law School subscribes to the National Student Clearinghouse. Most deferment issues are handled directly through our submission. No interaction between you, the borrower, and your loan holder is likely needed.

If you receive a letter from your loan company, please contact the Registrar's Office at

Enrollment Verification

The Registrar’s Office will certify your enrollment if you request it for insurance, work, or other reasons. You may submit your own form in person, via fax, or by mail. If you need a letter written, you need to fill out a Special Letter Request Form. Email is not yet considered equilvalent to a signature for the release of academic information.

If one of your educational loans becomes due for repayment, you may be granted a deferment as long as you can show that you are enrolled in a certain number of units in courses that lead to a degree. You should have a form from your lender/servicer indicating the level of enrollment required for your deferment. After completing your portion of the form, submit it to the Registrar’s Office for completion. The Registrar’s Office certifies enrollment on a semester-by-semester basis.

Please contact the Registrar’s Office at if you have any questions.