Career Services Office

711 Licenses for Students & Graduates

JD students currently enrolled at UIC John Marshall Law School who have earned a minimum of 45 credit hours may be eligible for a 711 License. 711 Licenses are not available for students who work at private law firms. In order to be eligible for the license, students work at one of the following:

For more information about the 711 license, please visit the Ilinois Legal Aid Online website.

Apply for a 711 License

The appropriate 711 application must be completely filled out by the applicant and signed by both the applicant and the applicant's employer. Completed applications, along with attached photo, should be delivered to the Registrar's Office, Room 211. If you have questions about the 711 License, please contact the Registrar's Office.

Applications for 711 Licenses are available below, but you can go to the Illinois Supreme Court's website for fillable forms:

711 Application for Law School Students

711 Application for Law School Graduates